Tuesday, November 22, 2016

“MAKE ACE GREAT AGAIN!”


Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Bankie Bruce. I am a fan of American Championship Entertainment and have been since the company formed in 2003.

I’ve always been around. I’ve seen everything from the formation of the NBC to Hollywood taking over before the company was rechristened ACE in 2007. I even remember going to Newark in 2008 for the outdoor events! I’ve always been around. Through ups and downs, good times and bad, I have been truly a true believer in the ACE Nation.

However, when I saw ACE start this NEXT era around August 2016, I knew I, as a fan, had to come on board and be a part of this new wave. I just didn’t know how to do it. Suddenly, with the ACE website coming back to full form, I decided I wanted to write for it. I wanted to provide my feelings on things going on in ACE.

Thankfully, ACE management allowed it. And in November, right after Crossroads 12, I wrote two pieces on the website. One on not understanding the hype behind Adam Payne, and the other on how Stockade went soft since he changed his ways from being a vile competitor. I didn’t think I was too offensive with my words.

Well, after only two pieces, I’VE BEEN SILENCED! Apparently, according to a direct message on Twitter I received from the ACE staff, I was too negative in my pieces towards the competitors, and in turn, offended most of the ACE locker room. Therefore, due to the overwhelming feedback, I could not write for the ACE website, unless it was positive in nature.

I respect ACE management for being honest and open, but how can I change my views as it comes to personal opinion? I believed in my words and believed them to be true. Therefore, I respectfully thanked ACE staff for allowing me to write for the website at all; however I would not change my strong opinions on the matter and I would be done writing there.

I don’t blame the crew that help day-in and day-out at ACE: I blame the wrestlers. I blame the performers. I blame the ACE locker room. Who would have ever thought that one fan’s opinion would have upset them so much? I surely didn’t. I guess everything has to be rainbows and sunshines nowadays, even in pro wrestling.

But what happened to the days where men were men in wrestling? What happened to the days where negativity not only fueled the fire of ACE Pro Wrestling performers, but drove them to be the best? I truly cannot believe it has come down to this.

So, with being silenced, I decided to open myself up and start a new blog here on Blogspot. This is the Bank Statement. This is a PC-free zone where I will not be quieted. I truly want this to be a place where ACE fans can come and speak freely about ACE. Whether it’s the old days or the NEXT era of this amazing company, I want the truth to flow free.

Most of all, I want this blog to be the start of something special. I want this blog to be the place where a movement begins. I believe in American Championship Entertainment, and if a few of the guys can’t handle a little bit of criticism, then so be it. The wrestling is top notch and I want to be the Voice of those that don’t have one. The voice I want to be is one of those that long for the days of Union City, NJ and 725 Sip Street. I want to embody the days of the Pinkheads, the “Vegas sucks” chants, the ACE Sign Guy, and the “KENNEDY” chants! These are the days I long for, as do others.

Thus, I am planning to start a grassroots movement. I am ready to help restore the old days from a fan’s perspective. I am ready to help spread HONEST word to the fans of independent wrestling about this company I hold near-and-dear to my heart.

I want to help MAKE ACE GREAT AGAIN.

Who’s with me? I won’t be silenced. I WON’T BE…ANYMORE. ACE Nation, it’s time to spread our wings. What’s old is new again and CHANGE only mucks things up. It’s time to restore some love to what ACE was, is, and forever will be: great professional wrestling. And if a few performers don’t like it, well suck it up and get better. We will MAKE ACE GREAT AGAIN! And it starts right here, on this blog…with me.

#MakeACEGreatAgain

By the way, I still don’t get the Payne Train and Stockade needs to fire up. It needs to be done.

1 comment: